Software Engineer @ Atlantis Engineering
Mar 2019 - Feb 2020
Researched the Industry 4.0 - Industrial Data Spaces (IDS). Developed a distributed Big Data mining platform using enterprise software patterns. Integrated with the company’s internal predictive maintenance tools. Applied TDD and followed agile methodologies.
Java, springboot cloud, C#, asp.net core, kubernetes
Software Engineer @ CERN
Oct 2017 - Dec 2018
Automated the network equipment cleanup procedures for the CERN's network. Turned the architecture towards the microservice architecture. Refactored legacy code to support the new architecture. Researched and integrated new technologies such as Openshift. Initiated the migration to a single repository (monorepo) reducing the development cycle time. Created and maintained build scripts and CI/CD pipelines. Applied TDD and SCRUM.
Java, spring, groovy, hibernate, docker, Openshift, Oracle PL/SQL, elasticsearch
Freelance Full Stack Developer @ Great Place To Work
Oct 2016 - Sep 2017
Developed themes and plugins for high traffic websites. Implemented and consumed RESTful APIs. Decreased page loading time by introducing caching mechanisms and solving database performance issues.
Freelance Developer (Part Time)
Sep 2013 - Feb 2017
Extended functionality on PDF editing tool (JpdfTweak). Optimized performance issues by transforming code, to multi-threaded and implementing non-blocking algorithms. Developed and maintained various websites and web applications for multiple customers.
Developer @ CERN
Sep 2018 - Dec 2018
Contributed to the design and implementation of a configuration management tool for particle accelerator simulation software
Web developer @ thinkfree.gr
Feb 2014 - Apr 2018
Built website for online high traffic local magazine. Developed wordpress plugins and themes. Performed and automated maintenance jobs
B.S. Computer Engineering and Telecommunications, GPA 8.16/10
International Hellenic University, Serres Greece
- Relevant Coursework: Algorithms, Data Structures, Software Engineering, Databases, Computer Architecture, Web Development, Networks, Network Programming, Embedded Programming, Advanced Electronics, Physics
- Erasmus Scholarship - Exchange Student, VGTU Faculty of Electronics, Vilnius, Lithuania, Spring 2016
- IEEE member with participation in IEEEXtreme 24-Hour Programming Competition
- 1st place at #HackAgainstHunger Hackathon - ITU, Impact Hub, Geneva 2018
- 2nd place at Smart Cities - 2nd SerresTech Hackathon, Serres 2017
Greek (Native), English (Fluent), French (Level A2), Lithuanian (Level A1)